Sunday 20 June 2010

Toby Field London to Brighton Cycle Ride

Got up at 5.15 this morning to meet up with Toby Field has he is taking part in the London to Brighton Cycle ride with his friend Darren, it was good to meet up in person as opposed to in cyberspace. There start time was 8am but they never got away till after that. I have to say a big up to Toby for taking this challenge on as he has only been cycling since march Toby's First cycle. Back in march when he started he could not have envisaged three months later he would be taking part in the London to Brighton. Well done mate you have done brilliant. Seeing you today as made me even more determined to get fit and get back on my bike. I have never seen so many different bikes folding,mountain,BMX,racing,etc, I even saw two blokes on a tandem one of them had his artificial leg strapped to the bike. Well done to all the people taking part.

Time taken 6 Hours 20 Minutes

Just a quick note on my injury front my arms are getting better but I still get caught out, I forget sometimes which must be a good sign, but twist my arm slightly then I remember oh yes I remember ok. Go back to the Hospital to see the consultant 5th July




4 comments:

  1. Its a great event isnt it? Many years since I did it & tbh Id love to do it again sometime. Brilliant atmosphere too.

    Glad to hear youre still on the mend mate. It must be a real shitty time for you but keep yer chin up and look forward to when all you will do is ride all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Adrian maybe do it nxt year coz me and Toby spoke bout it b4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post Les. I still can't believe I did it so soon after getting on bike. I'm also pleased with the time I did it on. I'll put a post up later about how I got on. Can't wait to do it again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No probs Toby look forward to reading ure blog entry.

    U dun brill great time as well

    Next year will be good as well mate

    ReplyDelete