Sunday 25 July 2010

Conquered that Bastard Hill without pushing the Bike

Got up at 8.30 this morning got myself ready for today's ride, had porridge for breakfast.

I left home about 9.45 but this time on my scott with the intention of getting up the hill that defeated me last Sunday Blog here

So cycled to Carshalton had to stop at the lights at the beginning of the hill, the lights changed so I set off anyway, I got I suppose about quarter of a mile and I had to stop my legs were feeling it, so sat on my bike had a drink must have sat there for 5 minutes, decided lets go for it so I set off again determined that I wasn't stopping again till I reached the top, from bottom to top must be about three to four miles. Anyway I kept going and going till I reached the top. I had a rest at the top for about ten minutes, where I consumed more drink and a Lucozade energy gel.

Set off again feeling pleased with myself even though I stopped once, I headed down to Beddington Park where I completed a couple of laps.

After leaving Beddington I set off for home via a roundabout route because I need more miles to complete the July 150

My Route Here

20.14 miles today pleased with that, arms and legs ache just a little.

July 150 Miles 132.89

7 comments:

  1. So you finally conquered "that bast**d hill" as you put it Dad lol!!!! Well done am so very proud of you.....just don't push yourself too hard aye love you loads enjoy the last of the weekend Dad love always Tammi xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tammi love you loads always and forever xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on the hill,
    there is a small 188 meter hill in S.E. Kyntyre (grid ref NR 759,124) called the Bastard -:)

    ReplyDelete